Do you ever start a project and it becomes bigger than you thought it would? I showed you the Candy Boxes yesterday. Yes, I actually made 22 of those things for co-workers. But that's not all I did this weekend...No. I always have to out-do myself, and this time is no exception. I am a team lead for 9 people at my work and I decided to give everyone a stocking to hang outside of their cubicles. Now, I knew I needed to fill them!
- Cut 4 pieces of decorative paper 3.25" x 3.75"
- Cut 2 pieces of chipboard 3.25" x 3.75"
- Adhere the paper to both sides of the chipboard. I used double-sided paper and made sure my front and back covers were the same, any my inside covers were the same.
- lightly sand all edges of covers
- lightly ink all edges of covers
- I used my bind-it-all and punched out 6 holes in the top. I then bound it with 3/4" wire.
- I applied adhesive to the back of a post-it book and placed it inside.
- Embellish the cover however you like! I used paper rosettes and whatever else I could think of. No two were alike.
I also whipped up a yummy little bag of home made caramels. I showcased the caramels a couple years back, but they were ready for a redo this year. Before you think, "forget making home made caramels...who has the time or patience?" You better check the recipe out. Did I mention they cook in the microwave?? So easy!! My good friend, Jackie, gave me this recipe and it really is wonderful.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk